For 4 people
- 50 g fenugreek powder
- 450 g whole grain wheat flour
- 200-300 ml water
- A pinch of salt
- Oil, preferably olive (option 1)
- 20 g fresh yeast diluted in a small amount of water (option 2)
- Mix fenugreek powder and whole grain wheat flour. Add some salt.
- Option 1: If no yeast is added, slowly pour enough water to obtain a soft dough, form balls of about 40 g, roll them out as thinly as possible and fry them in a pan lightly greased with oil.
- Option 2: If yeast is added, first dissolve it into 1 or 2 tablespoons of warm water. Then slowly pour enough water to obtain a soft dough and leave to stand for 4 hours before cooking the bread in the oven, about 30 minutes at 200°C.
Dose quotidienne recommandée
Consume one fried bread (option 1) or one slice (70 g) of bread made with yeast (option 2), half in the morning and the other half in the evening.
Préparation et dosage
Start with a dose of 5 g (equal to 2 level teaspoons) per day of fenugreek powder (2,5 g or 1 level teaspoon morning and evening), which can be increased according to your taste and up to 100 g/day.
It can be taken in the form of dried crushed seeds or capsules, taken twice daily with meals or 30 minutes before meals.
Fenugreek can also be consumed after being baked in the oven, for no more than 30 minutes at 200°C, for example in replacement of 10% wheat flour in bread or stir-fried.
Proven health benefits of Fenugreek
The consumption of 5 g of fenugreek per day is also associated with a decrease of systolic blood pressure, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, and an improvement on some liver function tests in patients with Diabetes type 2.
Recipes with Fenugreek
Red Lentil Dhal with Fenugreek
Red Lentil Dhal with Fenugreek Consume this drink before meals, half in the morning and the other half in the evening.Ingredients For 4 people 1 teaspoon oil, preferably olive 2 onions, diced 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated...
Bengali 5 Spices with Fenugreek
Bengali 5 Spices with FenugreekIngredients 5 g (equal to 1 heaped teaspoon) fenugreek seeds 5 g cumin seeds 5 g fennel seeds 5 g black mustard seeds 5 g nigella seeds 1 teaspoon oil, preferably olive Instructions Mix fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black...
Fenugreek WaterIngredients For 1 person 2 heaped teaspoons fenugreek seeds powder 250 ml water Instructions Boil the water, add fenugreek seeds powder Stir well. Drink it as is. Consume this drink before meals, half in the morning and the other half in the...